martes, 5 de abril de 2011

Jean Piaget

Jean Piaget is the person I admire. He was a swiss psychologist, known for his studies about how children learn while they're growing up. He placed great importance on the education of children. He was also a biologist, an epistemologist and a philosopher. He was born in the Francophone region of  Switzerland in 1896, and when he was young he started to identify common cognitive patterns on kids, young people and adults. Long after that, he propounded the Theory of Cognitive Development, one of the theories that I studied at school. This theory says that our knowledge is developed in four stages [sensorimotor, preoperational, concrete opreational and formal operational]. He wrote a lot of books about his studies. Finally, he died in 1980, and every year it's commemorated (every september 17th) in the 'psycho-pedagogue day'. I admire him, because he was one of the first people that studied the children's mind, and I think that's what I'm gonna do in my future job. Apart from that, I like two of his quotes: "Intelligence is what you use when you don't know what to do" and "Only education is capable of saving our societies from collapse". 

1 comentario: